I tried to run linux as a service in windows seven professional 64 bit edition. I was successful. I used to virtualbox 4.1.8 to run fedora 14 x86_64. Then i used the VBoxVmService-3.0-Sweet_Potato software to run the vm as a service in background. After downloading and following the instructions for VBoxVmService i faced the following error:
windows service did not start due logon failure
The solution is that add the user account specified in vboxvmservice in that ini file to the local policy as logon service. As described below from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/259733
Member ServerIf the user is a member of a stand-alone member server:
- Start the Local Security Settings MMC snap-in.
- Expand Local Policies, and then click User Rights Assignment.
- In the right pane, right-click Log on as a service, and then click Security.
- Add the user to the policy, and then click OK.
- Close the Local Security Settings MMC snap-in.